Wednesday, May 18, 2011

you're sky high fighting off the spaceships.

i'm sick. this is no fun, not one bit. i'm thinking i'm catching pneumonia, since eric's sister has it and i spent the entire weekend and then some at his house. poor girl, i hope she gets better soon.

but in better news, a few months ago my boyfriend (eric) applied for a dual credit program in our school to to go school to train to be an electrician at the college, free of charge since it is all paid by the school district. we got the news yesterday that he got in! we're both so happy about that. he really wanted to get in and now his is. i honestly cannot put into words how happy i am for him. the only sad thing is that next year, when he's in grade 12 and i'm in grade 11, i won't get to see him at school for half the year. i guess that'll get me used to him not being at school at all when he's finished school and i'm in grade 12.

but on to a different topic.

yesterday i watched a documentary called The Perfect Vagina. i was really sad watching it, hearing that girls my age feel the need to get parts of the vagina cut off because they don't think their's looks right. to me, there isn't a right and a wrong look for a vagina, just like there isn't a right and a wrong look for any other part of the body. everyone is different, and that's what makes us, well, us. just the fact that someone would want to change such a minor part of their body boggles me. i have never once thought of my vagina being ugly or anything like that. to be honest, i've never really thought much of it at all. girls are self conscious about what guys will think of it, and to be honest, a guy will be too busy doing other things to even notice. i'm personally a huge advocate for loving yourself for the way you are, and why people want to change themselves completely blows my mind. i have never once felt compelled to change anything about myself. sure, i dye my hair, but that's the only thing i do and i do that because i feel like experimenting with different colours aside from my natural one. i have never felt like i have to dye my hair to get positive attention from people. i really hope girls my age realize how beautiful they are without changing themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment