Sunday, May 15, 2011

it's just a little touch of fate, i'll be okay.

first things first, happy 17th birthday to my lovely partner in crime.

well then, today was a fairly uneventful day. i slept in late, showered, and spent four hours in total baking cupcakes for my boyfriend's birthday today. the cupcakes were delish though, and totally worth all of the work i put into them.




i had a wonderful dinner at my boyfriend's house, and that was it for my day.

i'm more excited for what could be coming up in the near future, though. i applied for two volunteer work experience placements at the vancouver aquarium through my school. one is two weeks long and i work with running camps for kids. the second one is three and a half weeks long and i do hosting stuff, such as helping with buses, running the touch pools and other jobs similar to those. i really hope i get in because vancouver has fantastic shopping and it is my favorite city ever. not to mention that i'll be the entire time without my family. it'll just be me and the family friends that i'm staying with, and their two kids. it'll be fun though; i'll be nearly completely independent, which i absolutely love. my boyfriend doesn't want me to go to them because he'll miss me for the time that i'm gone. don't get me wrong, i'd miss him too, it's just that i really want to do this and him saying i shouldn't go isn't going to stop me.

school is going to be over soon. i can't believe that i have about a month left and then school is out for the summer. after summer, i'll just have my last two years of high school and i'll be out. it's kind of unreal when you think about it. time really has gone by, but i have a fool proof plan for what i'm going to do after high school. i'm setting standards high for myself, but i'm pretty sure i can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment